Sun, skin disorders, aging and even heredity can all contribute to skin irregularities on the face and elsewhere on the body. These can include texture irregularities like wrinkles and acne scars, pigmentation changes like freckles and sunspots, and/or visible blood vessels.
In addition, skin may lose tone, feel less firm, and certain areas of the body may develop cellulite.
Conditions that can be treated with skin treatment rejuvenation and resurfacing can include:
- Static wrinkles: These wrinkles are visible at all times and do not change in appearance with facial movements
- Dynamic wrinkles: These are expression lines that may appear as folds when the skin is not moving, and deepen with facial movements or expressions
- Pigmentation: Freckles, sun spots, or other darkened patches of skin result mainly from sun exposure
- Scars: As the result of acne or injury to the skin, scars may be rolling (a wavy appearance to the skin), pitted, discolored, or have raised borders
- Vascular conditions: Blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions that appear as tiny blood-filled blisters or even a constant flush of facial redness
- Loss of skin tone: Weakening of the supportive skin structures (collagen and elastin fibers) that result in a loss of skin firmness or the development of cellulite
Types of treatments:
Laser – Laser can improve the tone and texture of the skin reducing pore size and plumping the skin through collagen stimulation.
Chemical Peels – Chemical peels remove old skin so that new layers can grow in their place. This type of peel removal ranges in strength, from superficial peels that use mild acids to deep peels that penetrate several layers of skin. Depending upon the type of peel you receive, you might have a reaction similar to a sunburn, which may involve scaling, swelling, and blisters. This may last anywhere from three to 14 days, after which time your skin should be smoother, brighter, and softer.
Micro-needling – Microneedling, which is also known as collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive treatment to rejuvenate the skin. A device with fine needles creates tiny punctures in the top layer of the skin, which triggers the body to create new collagen and elastin. Results can include improved texture and firmness, as well as a reduction in scars, pore size, and stretch marks.
Liquid Face Lift – The “liquid facelift” restores facial volume, reduces wrinkles, and provides a degree of facial rejuvenation. The liquid is typically an injectable filler (Restylane, Juvederm and others) in conjunction with Botox which relax facial lines. We will customize the products used to reach your desired result!
And so many more! Come in today for your personalized consultation on the way to your personal beauty!